Call for Expression of Interest in Hosting the Polymers Conference
Steering Committee seeks Expressions of Interest (EoI) from universities, organizations or individual scholars to host an edition of the Polymers
Conference Series. There is no restriction in the geographic areas considered.
What is Polymers?
Polymers: Design, Function and Application (PDFA) is a conference series dedicated to bring together scientists and leaders from different areas to discuss important recent developments and ideas of cutting-edge research at the interface of design/function or function/application of polymers .
The First Polymers conference was held in 2018 in Barcelona, Spain. With its focus on function- and application-driven polymer research, this conference addressed the development and testing of the next generation of polymeric materials with previously unrivaled properties for advanced applications. You can find a brief summary of the first edition here.
Final Remarks and Awards Ceremony, Polymers 2018
Please note that the follow-on editions will not be restrained to the topics discussed in previous editions and, therefore, new and different topics within the polymers field are sought.
The Polymers conference is organized every two years. The Polymers Steering Committee is accepting EoIs to organize editions from 2020 onwards.
Bidders must have the facility to organize and host a three-day symposium for 200–300 participants including:
- Easy access to the symposium venue and the capability to offer a wide range of services, such as catering, WLAN and internet services, organization of social events.
- Ability to cover all costs with registration fees and sponsoring.
When necessary, and based on the input provided by the local host, MDPI will provide administrative support and will manage the website on Sciforum.
MDPI will help to edit the abstracts and prepare the conference book. MDPI will help to design the logos and banners for the conference website, flyers, posters, roll-ups, lanyards, conference bags, etc. following the style of previous Polymers
edition. MDPI will promote the new conference edition on relevant MDPI journals and any other relevant communication channels.
Expression of Interest Instructions
- EoI must be submitted to EoI@mdpi.com by 30 November 2018
- The length of the application should not exceed two A4 pages and should include:
- Name(s) of the bidder(s), contact details and a short biography
- Name of the planned venue (city and infrastructure)
- Proposed dates for the conference
- Proposed topics for the conference