Optics: A New Journal Seeking an Editor-in-Chief and Accepting Applications for Editorial Positions
People rely on optics every day. By utilizing the knowledge of how light behaves under different conditions, scientists and engineers develop remarkable technologies that improve our world. In expanding our offerings to the field of optics, MDPI will be launching a broad-interest and high-quality journal, Optics, an open access journal that seeks full research articles in all areas of optics and related interdisciplinary areas. Optics will also act as a medium for exchanging ideas and thoughts regarding the impacts of optical research.
Optics is an international, peer-reviewed open access journal which aims to present cutting edge research related to all aspects of optics. We are now seeking a founding Editor-in-Chief to develop Optics into a leading flagship journal in this field.
The main responsibilities of the Editor-in-Chief include the following:
- Setting the scope and direction of the journal;
- Advising on the strategic development of the journal;
- Ensuring the quality of the published content;
- Coordinating the Editorial Board and stimulating their contributions to the journal;
- Promoting the journal at scientific conferences and through other venues.
We also welcome scientists in the field of optics to join our Editorial Board.
A full application for evaluation should include these items:
- An up-to-date CV;
- A description of the candidate’s vision for Optics.
Applications are due by 20 June 2019. Please send your application or any questions to the Optics Editorial Office ([email protected]).