MDPI is an academic open access publisher based in Basel, Switzerland, and was initially founded in 1996 to collect and preserve rare chemical research samples. To support samples project, MDPI started the journal Molecules the same year. Since 1996, MDPI has grown into a publishing house with over 200 journals and over 7.3 million webpage views each month. With further editorial offices in Beijing and Wuhan (China), Barcelona (Spain) and Belgrade (Serbia) MDPI is backed by over 43,140 academic editors and scientists worldwide.
You will be part of an international, young and dynamic team of software developers and be
working on exciting projects to foster open access, open data, and open communication amongst scholars,
and the linked sciences. You will partly perform maintenance of the existing code base as well.
We currently mainly work with the Symfony2 framework on a LEMP stack (Linux, Nginx, MySQL, PHP),
but additionally use a wide variety of other tools such as MongoDB, Redis, Memcache, or jQuery.
- Strong flair for technology and interest in the latest developments in IT
- Willingness to perform above average
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to details
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- 2+ years of work experience in the area of web and/or mobile development
- Experience with managing Linux/UNIX systems required
- Experience with PHP MVC frameworks (Symfony, Laravel, Zend …) is a plus
- Experience with Mobile App development (Android / iOS) is a plus
- Interests in UX (user experience) and UI (user interface) is a plus
- Experience with responsive design (e.g. bootstrap) is a plus
Questions and Applications
Please send your application letter and CV by E-Mail to our HR Team.